Thursday, July 17, 2008

Choose to Win

Why do we often choose to lose? God has given us everything that we need to live a victorious and fruitful life, but instead of walking in victory, we claim and accept defeat. I was recently convicted and reflected on these truths when faced with a temptation that through God’s grace I was victorious over.

Psalms 18:32-36 says: “Is there any god like God? Are we not at bedrock? Is not this the God who armed me, then aimed me in the right direction? Now I run like a deer; I'm king of the mountain. He shows me how to fight; I can bend a bronze bow! You protect me with salvation-armor; you hold me up with a firm hand, caress me with your gentle ways. You cleared the ground under me so my footing was firm.

The very God of the universe has equipped me with the strength and direction that I need in order to conquer what is before me. He protects me. He teaches me. He comforts me. He strengthens me. He has even cleared the way and provided a pathway for success for me. All I have to do is choose not to lose, accept and acknowledge what He has already done and walk it out.

I am my greatest foe. Not Satan, not the world, but me. I’m blessed with free will, but it is the abuse of and misuses of that will that stand in the way of my success. God desires that I choose Him and His ways, but I choose to ignore His call and live for the moment, for the “known” or for the comfortable.

I’m tired of being like the elephant that is terrified of the “mice” in my life. Today I choose to recognize the power that I have through Christ and I choose to win. I choose to live in the reality of who I am. I’m not who the world says I am. I’m not who my friends say that I am. I am not even what I think I am or pretend to be. Rarely do any of these pictures of me match up to the true glory that is within me. I’m more than a survivor, more than an over comer, more than lucky, more than intelligent, more than strong externally, more than a good person. I am a representative, an ambassador, and heir alongside Christ powered and directed by the Most High and commissioned to fulfill His purpose.

I choose to win…because I accept the fact that through God’s grace I’ve already won.

Be Blessed,
B

No comments: