Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Walk #1









Today’s Themes

  • Personal-Presenting myself as a Living Sacrifice
  • Spousal-Specific acts of service to my wife are a way of serving God
  • Parental-A loving attitude coupled with compassion will lead them to God


Scripture Reference:

Romans 12:1-2 (Amplified) 1I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. 2Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].



My Thoughts:

Personal-I was bought with a price (I Corinthians 6:19-20). My body is the Temple of God. Any act that I commit is committed in the very presence of God’s esteemed dwelling place (the Holy of Holies). If I wouldn’t commit the act in the sanctuary of God, I should not participate in the act at all. My Body doesn’t belong to me. It belongs to God. This World (the present Age) wants to enslave me be means of its way of thinking (self-centered). God has freed me so that I can serve Him by humbling myself. Conforming to this age is when my outward actions don’t jive with my inward change. Transformation is allowing my outward appearance to reflect the inward workings of the Holy Spirit. This occurs by my relentless pursuit of moral perfection as I attempt to become a perfect sacrifice to God. It is only logical that I dedicate a life of service to Him as a result of the price that He paid to usher me into redemption. My redemption is holistic (mind, body, soul, heart and spirit). The only evidence of an inward change is outward action. Self-Control and Acts of Service are evidence of God’s residence within me.

Spousal-God has given me a spouse that He uses to help shape and mold me into the image of His Son. Before I can serve the world, I must be a successful “servant” at home. Holiness begins at home. How I interact with my wife is a clear reflection of my willingness to be transformed into the image of God. Laying down my life as the Son of God did is key. My time, my energy, my dreams, my plans, my talents etc. must include or be offered to my wife as a sacrifice. Love exists in the presence of sacrifice, so I must give “of me” in honor and for the sake of “WE”. It is not about what she does for me. It is about my commitment to God to demonstrate His Love to His precious “daughter”.

Parental-One of the ways God helps me transform into His image is through my interactions with my kids. A loving attitude and compassionate service balanced with discipline are more effective than a stern and critical approach. Children’s first exposure to the nature of God comes from their parental relationships. God’s desire is to be their Father (and Lord) and my relationship with them will help them to grasp that idea. God is also love and is Holy, so I must serve my kids and openly pursue moral perfection in front of them. They must recognize that the world (this age) wants them to conform or make them mask or hide their inner change, but God’s desire is to transform them. My life must be this example to them. My actions must match my words, my commitment and my change.

Be Blessed,

B

No comments: