Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do It.

Like most people, I listen to music on my way to work. The type of music I listen to usually depends on my mood or what I feel like I need to hear before I step into the office. If I need to mellow out, I’ll listen to some light jazz or some old R&B. If I need to get amped, I’ll listen to some Hip-Hop (usually old school or Holy Hip Hop). If I’m facing struggles I listen to inspirational/gospel music. It really depends. I usually look for meaning and messages in the music.

This morning while I was flipping through the stations, I stumbled upon a traditional gospel song called “Do It”. No…the song was not about God telling Adam and Eve to be fruitful and to multiply. J I really wasn’t in the “mood” for this particular style of music this morning so I listened for about 3 seconds and turned it to another station where some Otis Redding was playing. Something in me said…turn it back to “Do It” so I did. The song retold of some of the Miracles that Jesus performed in the Bible. It told of Jesus healing the sick, giving the mute people the ability to talk, giving those that were blind sight etc. The chorus simply said “Whatever you need to do Lord do it…Like you did it way back then, I need you to do it again…Whatever you need to do Lord, Do it”.

As I was listening to this song the words hit me in a special way. God is still doing these miracles today to those who have put their trust in Him.

*I once was blind and lived my life only for "My" benefit. I couldn’t see the things of God or the potential death traps, dead ends or destruction that were ahead of me on the road that I was on in life, but God opened my eyes and now I can see my life through His eyes.
*I once was mute and could not speak of the goodness of God and His power to love unconditionally, to bless with “reckless abandon” and to deliver me from sin and from my self destructive ways.
*I once was lame and could not walk on the path of righteousness. I was not strong enough to walk God’s path for me. Now I walk though the power of God and I stand on God principles and Love as my firm foundation
*I once was sick in my spirit and I tried many of the “world’s” remedies to ease the pain that I felt in my soul, but once I turned my “illness” over to God He made me whole.
*I once was Dead to God and His will. After I put my trust in Him, I became alive and I now live with the intent to live a life that is pleasing to God and that fulfills His plan for me.

In a world filled with challenges and struggles many people find it hard to see God working in the lives of people. Some people don’t believe in miracles or think that they only occurred in “Bible Times”. I’m convinced that I am one of the many “walking miracles” that exists today. I bear witness to the fact that God is still in the “miracle business” because only He could have produced such a change in my life.

What is your story? Are you a walking miracle? Why not share the hope that is found in your “miracle story” with someone today? You may hold the key that unlocks the door to someone’s eternal destiny. Your story is unique to you and only you can tell it the way that it needs to be told and the way the people in your sphere of influence need to hear it.

Share your miracle…and watch a miracle happen.

Be Blessed,
B

No comments: